The swimming club secretary is key to the smooth running of the club. They provide a main point of contact for administration, information and communication.
What we are looking for?
- You will be enthusiastic with experience in managing and supporting others.
- You will be an excellent communicator with good verbal, written and IT skills.
- You will have good administration skills, including word-processing and minute-taking.
- You will have excellent organisational skills.
- You will have confidence to represent the club at external meetings.
What do we and the club expect from a club secretary?
- To act as a main point of contact for the club.
- To manage the day-to-day running and administration of the club including all internal and external correspondence.
- To organise committee meetings and AGMs, prepare agendas, take minutes, and distribute and communicate these as appropriate.
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of the roles and responsibilities of other club committee members.
- To maintain up-to-date contact details of all members, committee members, other key club personnel and Swim England secretaries at national, regional and county levels.
Level of commitment required
The club hold one meeting per half term. Generally, meetings excluded this role will take less than one hour per week.
What support can you expect from Swim England?
- Access to resources and guidance via the ‘Club Hub’.
- Direct contact with and support from the Swim England Club Development Officers.
- Direct contact with and support from the Swim England Volunteering Team.
- Access and support from other Swim England teams as required by your club, including (but not limited to); membership, Institute of Swimming, England Talent teams, and discipline-specific Development Officers.
What will you gain from the experience?
This is a pivotal and highly engaging role which success and impact on the club will be determined by your own motivations and enthusiasms.
As well as your ability to organise and manage the day-to-day administration and correspondence, it is an opportunity to take on a new challenge and support the development of your club.